Cincycon 2017 Chaos Wars.

• johnleahy
  • johnleahy's Avatar Topic Author
More
1 month 2 weeks ago - 1 month 2 weeks ago #1999 by johnleahy
johnleahy created the topic: Cincycon 2017 Chaos Wars.
Well Cincycon 2017 has come and gone. Ral Partha did a paint and take there. Loads of folks painted up Partha figs and played in Chaos Wars games. I painted up some figs as did my son Sean, his wife, his sister in law, his buddy and his wife. At one point we were taking up most of a table. Four of us were able to play in the Sunday bash game at the show. I was facing a Greek focused army. I had some Greeks, a Hydra, dragon, Briarrose knights, Unicorn, elf and Hobbit archers along with a dwarven machine. My opponent and I had a swirling battle. I used my archers and missile units effectively on the Greek infantry. I caused his Cyclops to go berserk and attack his own Greek pikemen. I shot them both up from afar. I was able to kill his Colossus, Dragon, Cyclops and rout or kill a few pike units too. The Briarrose knights were very valuable. That's good to know as I bought some as I thought they looked great! In fact I bought a lot of miniatures at the show. I have had a long love of Partha Miniatures. Being up close to them at the show I just had to buy a load of them. I still want more!

My son and his wife battled it out. He had an Undead army. She had one of Amazons and fae. Frankly, I know the Undead won that one but few specifics. The armies all looked great at the show. I took pics of this battle and most of the armies in the demo games. I will post them after I download them to my computer.

My buddy Bob has started on a Troglodite army. Lots of Chaos Wars joy near Cincinnati!

Thanks,

John
Last Edit: 1 month 2 weeks ago by johnleahy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #2002 by ChicagoWiz
ChicagoWiz replied the topic: Cincycon 2017 Chaos Wars.
Sounds great! Welcome to the fun!

If you're going to be at GenCon in Indy this year, there are a couple of us who've pitched running some Chaos Wars - we're just waiting for GenCon to approve/confirm them.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: MoonglumT-charspeckrossrodman