YOUR INPUT HERE - Regarding Preview Army Releases

• OFTP-Jacob-F
  • OFTP-Jacob-F's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
1 year 3 months ago - 1 year 3 months ago #1442 by OFTP-Jacob-F
OFTP-Jacob-F created the topic: YOUR INPUT HERE - Regarding Preview Army Releases
Images and Notes on possible future re-releases for the Chaos Wars can be found here:
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5

We would like to get your input. Please share your opinions in this thread.
Last Edit: 1 year 3 months ago by OFTP-Jacob-F.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 3 months ago #1443 by Humansquish
Humansquish replied the topic: YOUR INPUT HERE - Regarding Preview Army Releases
I would like to see Amazonians, Fae, and Beastmen.

• OFTP-Jacob-F
  • OFTP-Jacob-F's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
1 year 3 months ago #1444 by OFTP-Jacob-F
OFTP-Jacob-F replied the topic: YOUR INPUT HERE - Regarding Preview Army Releases
What parts of our plans for them do you like the most?

More
1 year 3 months ago #1446 by Moonglum
Moonglum replied the topic: YOUR INPUT HERE - Regarding Preview Army Releases
I'd like to see it all be produced, especially the stuff we haven't seen either before or in years.

More
1 year 3 months ago #1447 by Ndean
Ndean replied the topic: YOUR INPUT HERE - Regarding Preview Army Releases
I'd be interested in some more than others. I don't do slotted bases so that rules out some for me, but still a ton of possibilities. The old sprites and Rueman would be high on my list. Also not a fan of the oversized weapon era. But there are enough normal figures there to keep me busy. The wolf rider archer would be nice. Really a lot of information to digest at once. :blink:

More
1 year 3 months ago #1448 by lupusXmachina
lupusXmachina replied the topic: YOUR INPUT HERE - Regarding Preview Army Releases
I would love to see all these classic minis out and about again...I particularly like the undead and the chaos guys...very cool.

More
1 year 3 months ago #1449 by Moonglum
Moonglum replied the topic: YOUR INPUT HERE - Regarding Preview Army Releases
Are these going to come through consecutive waves of Kickstarter projects or do you have this programmed to be released also independently of Kickstarters?

More
1 year 3 months ago #1450 by EmrysDaniels69
EmrysDaniels69 replied the topic: YOUR INPUT HERE - Regarding Preview Army Releases
After looking them over:
1. Chaos Knights ( Especially the old mounts.)
2. Amazons ( Female army for wife. ;)
3. Men of Avalon ( Would like to see blunt weapons and crossbows available for weapon choices also).

More
1 year 3 months ago #1451 by ChicagoWiz
ChicagoWiz replied the topic: YOUR INPUT HERE - Regarding Preview Army Releases
1. CHAOS WARRIORS, KNIGHTS and CAV!
2. See #1
3. See #2

:D

Seriously,
2. Chaos Imperium
3. Atlanteans (although I can't get a good feel if they'd mix/match with Sea Elves)
4. Men/Women of Avalon
5. Feudals
6. Demons/Devils
7. Barbarians - of whatever would pass for Barbarians. We need the Barbarian Hordes! Or Germanic tribes.

More
1 year 3 months ago - 1 year 3 months ago #1452 by DaveH
DaveH replied the topic: YOUR INPUT HERE - Regarding Preview Army Releases
I'd like to see the original lines done first. The later lines which I love as well are so much bigger then the others and not compatible at all IMHO. Plus the majority, if not all of the larger scale ones are already available. I would pass on a kickstarter featuring them.

Have you considered doing the two armies that were sold as boxed sets the first time around?
Last Edit: 1 year 3 months ago by DaveH.

More
1 year 3 months ago #1453 by met71t
met71t replied the topic: YOUR INPUT HERE - Regarding Preview Army Releases
Would like to see the rest of the classic goblins and great goblins, the beastmen, and halflings. A trog shaman and hero would be nice too.

• MisterFrauBlucher
More
1 year 3 months ago #1454 by MisterFrauBlucher
MisterFrauBlucher replied the topic: YOUR INPUT HERE - Regarding Preview Army Releases
A tremendous amount of info to digest! Thanks Jacob for putting it together and going behind the scenes on the thought process.

My most general comment, I am less iinterested in the slot-based and the 28mm figures. Many of those are beatutiful, and I am glad they will be getting a home in the Chaos Wars, but I definitely prefer true 25mm and integral bases.

I would love to see the rest of the Meier elves re-released. Would definitely buy several units of them. Also the rest of the classic goblin and orc sculpts.

I like the look of the Great Goblins - how much larger are they than the Meier goblins?

Atlanteans and the Hellenic men are great, as are the Avalonians. Be nice to get some solid Chaos Wars background on these nations.

I like the Fae and Chaos units. I really want to see some of the Beastmen re-released. I have a dozen or so of the Goatmen, which are a distinct race in my current RPG campaign, and I would love to have more.

Not mentioned in this huge update, but I hope the dwarf and elf "sentinels" are still in th release pipeline, hopefully for the smaller kickstarter coming up or CW wave 3.

Thanks!

More
1 year 3 months ago #1459 by rholds
rholds replied the topic: YOUR INPUT HERE - Regarding Preview Army Releases
Wow! Where to start? :)
Every time I look through them, I change my mind or think yeah, but...
So, in no particular order which will change every time I look at your pics:

* Dark Elves - would make a good balance to the elves released; and let's face it, they're Dark Elves
* Fae and Briarose and other nature based - treemen, elementals etc.
*Chaos - the name says it all
* Aesir - who wouldn't want demi-gods
* Orc Empire - organized orcs? Scary.
* Hobgoblins and tribal orcs - cool sculpts
* Beastmen - Doomthumpers and love the Minotaur sculpts
* Imperial Dwarves - militant Dwarves that would make a good siege army
* Mountain Elves - just sound interesting
Oh, just release them all!!! ;)

More
1 year 3 months ago #1460 by rholds
Oh - and magical beings - granted a lot of them sort of are.
But fielding an army of wizards, elementals, spirits, djinn, genie, etc. would be fun. Guess you could put this together just pulling from various sets; would be interesting to have a themed set though.

Oh, and the haflings and kobolds!

More
1 year 3 months ago #1461 by rholds
Other thoughts - kind of from the survey and me mulling.

Siege warfare - one entrenched (castle, fortress, blockades) player vs many (or at least against siege troops/equipment)

Water battles - with ships!

COOP games; mentioned this a couple of places, all players work together to achieve something. Escaping an area with undead popping up randomly. Taking a location, capturing an enemy alive. The scenarios could have One vs Many or All vs randomly generated (for example undead popping up every turn in certain areas or "spawn" points on map", or have chaos portals scattered across the field and you don't know what will come through each turn).

More
1 year 3 months ago #1465 by EmrysDaniels69
EmrysDaniels69 replied the topic: YOUR INPUT HERE - Regarding Preview Army Releases
I agree with more siege warfare. I would also like to see different models of siege equipment, (skeletal, elvish, etc.) and maybe some battering rams and units to go with them.

More
1 year 3 months ago #1466 by met71t
met71t replied the topic: YOUR INPUT HERE - Regarding Preview Army Releases
As an open world, chaos wars offers lots of options. I think a tactical board game and skirmish based campaign system would be extremely fun. Future waves could have expansions, such as "Realms of men" that pit the various skirmish armies in a struggle for leadership, or "Underdark" to pit Dark elves, orcs and goblins, etc vs Dwarves or other denizens of the deep... or similar games where your skirmishers can advance and your army grows based on battle outcomes. This could be scenario based or all tie in to a board game. Also hope Caverns Deep comes out in the next wave.
The following user(s) said Thank You: EmrysDaniels69

More
1 year 3 months ago #1468 by rholds
Good ideas - skirmishes based on the various factions would be cool. I could see scenarios building into an overall story arc as well; would it be of interest to have a living story for the world that changes over time? For example Shadowrun Missions in which the story changes and grows each season/year.

More
1 year 3 months ago #1469 by rholds
And sky or air battles! Supremacy of the skies is important after all. =)

More
1 year 2 months ago #1533 by SonofThor
SonofThor replied the topic: YOUR INPUT HERE - Regarding Preview Army Releases
Ooh, I can't wait for the Norse army. Also looking forward to Orcs and Trolls!
The following user(s) said Thank You: DarkPoet77

More
1 year 1 month ago #1727 by DearTonyBlair
DearTonyBlair replied the topic: YOUR INPUT HERE - Regarding Preview Army Releases
The old empire of the Petal Throne minis from the Atlanteans and Briar Rose Legion pics would be great sellers to the Tekumel crowd. Any ideas on release schedule for them?

More
6 months 1 week ago #2068 by ChicagoWiz
ChicagoWiz replied the topic: YOUR INPUT HERE - Regarding Preview Army Releases

Back in 1980, the Ral Partha 03 line (Wizards, Warriors, and Warlocks) featured sets of Fairy Spearmen, Archers, and Command. These were beautiful 15mm wingless figures, sculpted by Dennis Mize.
After careful consideration, we intend to re-release these excellent diminutive figures as part of the Fae range: ...
Please join us on the Forum to share your thoughts about this part of the project.

I happened to read this thoroughly tonight, and I think the idea of using the 15mm figures as fae are fantastic! Having different colored skin for the goblins/orcs (I'm thinking blues and yellows) and for the brounies (of course brown) and fae/fairies. I hope RP/IWM goes with this in the future, that would be lots of fun. (But don't be surprised if some folks buy the 15mm to actually make 15mm armies. DBA has made that scale popular.

Moderators: MoonglumT-charrossrodman