Some new painted figures

• Moonglum
  • Moonglum's Avatar Topic Author
More
2 years 3 months ago #1802 by Moonglum
Some new painted figures was created by Moonglum
Hi All,
so little by little I've been trying to lower my horde of metal, which of course will never fully happen, but these are the last four I just finished a few days ago.
03-005 Lord of the household

03-103 Frea Koolblade, shield maiden

10-310F Armored Female Warrior with Sword

and last but not least 03-040 Max Mentalus:

The following user(s) said Thank You: ChicagoWiz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 3 months ago #1805 by ChicagoWiz
Replied by ChicagoWiz on topic Some new painted figures
Great stuff!

I love how you do so well in shading/blending the flesh, it's really noticeable on the female warrior. I hope to get that good at blending some day. Right now, it's mostly layering. Not so good with the wet blending.

• Moonglum
More
2 years 3 months ago #1807 by Moonglum
Replied by Moonglum on topic Some new painted figures
Thanks very much! It's really just a matter of starting out with a base color, let's say a tanned flesh highlight (I use almost always Reaper paints), and then use some washes of progressively darker colors to create shadow and depth, usually ending up with either a walnut brown (by Reaper) or their Dark Elf Shadow (Reaper too). Then once I do that, it's a matter of doing the same thing but in reverse until you get to white. It really just takes patience. Being that I paint for fun and the mere sake of painting, I really usually am never in a rush to try to get the results I want. Sometimes they work, and sometimes they're a bit disasterous, but oh well, with every figure you get better, or at least that's my theory and I'm sticking to it.

More
2 years 3 months ago #1808 by ChicagoWiz
Replied by ChicagoWiz on topic Some new painted figures
I've been getting much better thanks to the Dallimore/Foundry method. It's always helpful to hear how other folks do it.

Now if I could just get the hang of wet blending. That is still not something I get very easily, unfortunately.

More
2 years 3 months ago #1810 by DarkPoet77
Replied by DarkPoet77 on topic Some new painted figures
Those are all very cool, but I must say I especially like the wizard! Color scheme fits perfectly!

• Moonglum
More
2 years 3 months ago #1813 by Moonglum
Replied by Moonglum on topic Some new painted figures
Thanks Darkpoet77! Truth be told, choosing colors (after painting NMM) is for me the hardest thing to do. It took me forever to decide on the cloak colors. In the end, no matter what colors I would have chosen, it probably would have turned out fine, but it could have changed the feel completely.

More
2 years 3 months ago #1814 by DarkPoet77
Replied by DarkPoet77 on topic Some new painted figures
Totally agreed. Red/black/gray robes with a white or gray beard would have made him a completely different personality. Color selection for models to me is just as hard as naming a character for an RPG...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moonglum

Moderators: MoonglumT-charrossrodman