Hackmaster Female Elf Magic User, KC-4077

• Moonglum
  • Moonglum's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 days 17 hours ago #2221 by Moonglum
And hello again,
posting a lot this evening after a dry spell of not posting at all!

So this one is a great Jim Johnson figure, KC-4077 Elf Female Magic User. I had a pretty good job painting this figure and the one thing that kind of stopped me was the color of hair. I was thinking "elf" and with the typical elven colors I always think white, blonde, golden blonde, or sometimes black. But when I got around to thinking she was a mage and such, I wanted to go with something different, hence the lilac hair. Hopefully you all like how it turned out:

This was sculpted if I remember seeing the bottom back in 2003 along with much of the other Hackmaster figures Ral Partha has acquired, still in this century, but old enough to be classic and delightful. And I have to admit I really love painting Jim Johnson figures, he's got a really cool angular style and the faces are always so expressive and give you a wide canvas to work with.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 days 10 hours ago #2224 by sparfell
Replied by sparfell on topic Hackmaster Female Elf Magic User, KC-4077
I'm not very fond of the Johnson sculpts but you did a brilliant work on it :)

• Moonglum
  • Moonglum's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 days 23 hours ago #2227 by Moonglum
Replied by Moonglum on topic Hackmaster Female Elf Magic User, KC-4077
And for me, I really dig Johnson's stuff, it's very clean, and a joy to paint, The faces are spacious, eyes are large enough to work with, and I just really dig his style.

Moderators: MoonglumT-charrossrodman