KC-4076 Hackmaster Elf Male Magic User

• Moonglum
  • Moonglum's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 days 17 hours ago - 6 days 17 hours ago #2222 by Moonglum
KC-4076 Hackmaster Elf Male Magic User was created by Moonglum
And my last little display of the evening!
Another Jim Johnson treasure, an elf magic user with a staff, throwing a fireball. I was really too chicken to try any type of OSL. I haven't actually ever tried. Someday when I'm working on a figure and I have nothing to lose I'll give it a go, but for now, I just paint pretty flat flames and light sources.

Anyhow, another great figure, a very simple paint job, not too much going on other than the clothing, staff, fireball and three pouches. I think total time involves in this little fellow was probably only about seven hours or so. I reall have to get better at keeping track of time spent painting.

Hopefully the choice of green flame worked out okay. I figured a magical flame needs a different color than just fire. I wonder with him having a "ball" in his hand if once he throws that it's actually a fireball from the D&D spell?
Attachments:
Last edit: 6 days 17 hours ago by Moonglum.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 days 10 hours ago #2223 by sparfell
Replied by sparfell on topic KC-4076 Hackmaster Elf Male Magic User
You say simple paint job but this is an awesome one :)

• Moonglum
  • Moonglum's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 days 23 hours ago #2228 by Moonglum
Replied by Moonglum on topic KC-4076 Hackmaster Elf Male Magic User
Thanks Sparfell! I think I mean simple, not in the painting itself, but in the figure, where he's not over-encumbered with things that would end up causing extra paint time. This figure is essentially the mage with his clothing, plus three bags hanging from his belt, a fireball and a staff. I really enjoyed for example the Shadowrun figures I'm painting, but if you look at the gnome, which is a figure about half as big as this one, he took lots more time because he had a lot more complicated wardrobe with the totem he has in his hands, the hat, the necklace, belt.

Moderators: MoonglumT-charrossrodman