KC-4075, Elf Thief by Jim Johnson

• Moonglum
  • Moonglum's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 weeks 20 hours ago #2237 by Moonglum
KC-4075, Elf Thief by Jim Johnson was created by Moonglum

Good evening all,
here's another Hackmaster figure from Jim Johnson, an elf thief. I like the no-nonsense of this guy, wrapped in a cape and ready to shank somebody. I had some eye issues. The left eye (as you look at the photo) had a hair in it, so I had to do him over again, and due to that it feels to me that they are a little uneven, but you guys be the judge on what you think. He's also got kind of a pug face, don't know if his nose was maybe supposed to be pointier or not, but I painted him as I have him. Anyhow, hope you enjoy!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 5 days ago #2238 by sparfell
Replied by sparfell on topic KC-4075, Elf Thief by Jim Johnson
Hi, I'm sure that nobody would have noticed the problem of the eyes if you hadn't drawn attention to it :) if I look very carefully I have the feeling that his left eye looks downward whereas the right one looks forward.
In any case, you did a great paint job on it.

• Moonglum
  • Moonglum's Avatar Topic Author
More
2 weeks 5 days ago #2239 by Moonglum
Replied by Moonglum on topic KC-4075, Elf Thief by Jim Johnson
Thank you Sparfell! I've been told not to worry, that eyes aren't symmetrical and such, but with one my first attempt was so much better, but there was about a two millimeter hair sticking right out of his iris that I tried to remove, first with tweezers and then with an exacto knife and eventually had to scratch the hair out, which meant starting over again and the second version of the eye didn't turn out quite as well. However, I only want to do so many redo's because I want to move on to the next mini, so I had to be satisfied with him like he is now.

Moderators: MoonglumT-charrossrodman