Topics disappearing

• Ndean
  • Ndean's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
3 years 1 month ago #1584 by Ndean
Topics disappearing was created by Ndean
So topics seem to be disappearing from the forums. Whats going on?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Ndean
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
3 years 1 month ago #1587 by Ndean
Replied by Ndean on topic Topics disappearing
I guess I should be glad it just took away a topic ( and hence some postings from my total). The forum kicked my brother off a week or two ago and I'm not sure if he can log back in yet!

More
3 years 1 month ago #1590 by Moonglum
Replied by Moonglum on topic Topics disappearing
Hi Norm,
the only topic that I know of that would have disappeared was "A Happy and Productive New Year to All", because I accidentally deleted it and wanted to profusely apologize. I was going to reply to the topic, but right under that button there is the delete topic button that I have as a moderator. Crazily, every other system I have ever touched when I have hit a "delete" button always asks you if you're sure you want to delete this subject/picture/whatever, but this one just went straight off and deleted it. I asked Mark who runs the site if it could be recovered but he said once it's deleted it's pretty well gone, so I'm very sorry that topic disappeared, it was a tragic accident and I apologize.
If you know of any other topics that have disappeared, that probably wasn't me and my fat fingers. Have there been others?

• Ndean
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
3 years 1 month ago #1592 by Ndean
Replied by Ndean on topic Topics disappearing
That was the only one I was aware of. I just asked in case it was some flaw in the software, say after the posts in a thread hit a certain memory usage they would get deleted. Dissapointed to lose the posts from my total as I was makeing up a bit of ground on Rob. :(

More
3 years 1 month ago #1593 by Moonglum
Replied by Moonglum on topic Topics disappearing
Don't worry Norm, you'll catch up! Just keep painting and posting!

Moderators: MoonglumT-charrossrodman